The following two sample research papers are typical of the papers that might be submitted in different kinds of courses.
Reading these papers will help you learn about organizing an argument and working with sources. The papers also demonstrate the use of MLA style to document sources and the formatting of the margins, line spacing, and other physical attributes of a printed paper. The MLA’s guidelines on formatting papers appear elsewhere on this site.
The sample papers were written by MLA staff members who are experienced college teachers. You may find that the writing and documentation seem polished. Because the sample papers serve as models, we aimed to make them free of errors in grammar and documentation. Nevertheless, we hope that the papers usefully represent good student work.
This paper, on Jacob Lawrence’s Migration series, shows you how to incorporate figures into your text, style a block quotation, and cite a variety of sources. Read about block quotations in the MLA Handbook (1.3.2–3, 1.3.7).
This paper, on Jane Austen’s Mansfield Park and the courtship novel, features examples of how to use notes in MLA style, cite a dictionary definition, and more.
5-Page Research Paper Topics: Interesting Problems You Should Explore
A five paper research paper is not that difficult to write. You will have to follow the general format with one introduction, one conclusion and a body consisting of three paragraphs. With enough facts you can easily write one but before you begin you will have to choose a topic to work on. Now most teachers have already read a hundred papers on the popular topics. So you will have to select something that is both unique and original. You cannot write a paper on an overused title and expect it to standout from the rest. Here are a few topics that will help you come up with your own ideas or you can also work on these.
Finding the proper title to work on
When you have an interesting title, the reader will be more inclined to read your paper. With the right topic you can easily impress the teacher and also get good grades depending how you actually write it. You can use one of the topics given below but you can also use the lists available across the internet. Although you must use a website that regularly updates their lists. This way you are working on a fresh title that has not been used by too many other students.
List of topics to write your five paragraph research paper on:
- 1. The major theories that can explain how dinosaurs became extinct
- 2. How do you think violent video games effect the psychology f the young players?
- 3. How is global warming wrecking havoc on the planet’s climate?
- 4. Is HIV AIDS really curable and how is the disease treated?
- 5. Is it advisable to legalize marijuana use for medical reasons?
- 6. What creates mirages in the desert?
- 7. How does the digestive system of a whale work?
- 8. How do you think a person living in a third world country spends his days?
- 9. The best profession for a twenty plus unemployed girl without any education
- 10. The people who are to blame for the disappearance and accidents of aircrafts recently
- 11. Do you agree with the censorship laws of the country?
- 12. Do you think slogging long hours at the work place actually makes for higher productivity?
- 13. The various ways in which our internet activities are being monitored
- 14. Do you think social media is actually alienating people from each other?
- 15. The effect of social media on relationships
- 16. The main reasons that brought the downfall of the Romans
- 17. How do you think that an internet based search engine functions?